Friday, November 4, 2011

ICRC12 {DOTS and/or STRIPES + TAG IT}

Hello Everyone!!!

With the festival of lights coming to an end, my lights turned off on me too.... :(

And now I'm back to something near NORMALCY... :)
Hence without wasting anytime, I sat down to complete my unfinished chores..... And this post is one of them....

New MONTH New CHALLENGE on ICR!!!!

And this time, we have our DT, Shalini Maskara, challenging us with something so fun & something I love & enjoy a lot...... :D

Here are the DEETS for you.....




CHALLENGE + COMBO TWIST: Dots AND/OR Stripes + Tag It {By Itself or Onto the project}


And before I come to my project, I would like to share a little snippet to it.....

With the festive mood hooked on to me, I could not or rather did not wanna stress myself into a TAG, something I seriously LOVE & ENJOY making.... Hence stuck to a card & just tagged it along.... But still not wanting to keep it plain & simple, tried a different shape from the usual.....

My hubby loved the tag a lot.... :D And his words fill my LIFE with the freshness & energy to PURSUE my PASSION..... :p

And here is my inspiration.....

aperture1


And I thank....

Quixotic Inspirations for their Sketch.....
Moxie Fab World for Tuesday Trigger....
Just Add Ink for Tag/Bookmark....

aperture2

ICRC12tag


The Prep :

Baby Pink CS for the base from Fabriano.....
Black CS from SU! for the layers & pocket on the inside.....
The Pink DP is from the Be Mine - Echo Park Collection..... {Finally sustained the excitement of running it through my paper cutter}
Heat Embossed the damask design in black on the DP, from the Inkadinkadoo damask collection stamp set.....
Cut out a scalloped circle aperture through the card front.....
And adhered the scalloped cut frame from the card topper, with the help of pop dots from ITSY BITSY, to give the card front & the frame a dimension.....
Popped up the central scalloped cut above the pouch on the inside of the card.....
And stamped the birthday sentiment from the Fiskars birthday sentiment collection stamp set.....
Die cut the flourish with big shot dies.....
Bug embossed the CS for the pouch on the inside with vintage wallpaper embossing folder from SU!
Lined the pouch on the top with a piece of scallop punched trim..... DP from SU!
Added loads of small gemstones {self adhesive bindi stickers} with a little doodled dots.... to complete the card front.....

mytag


TAG:

Black CS from SU! for the base..... {Hand Cut into this cute shape}
Striped pink DP from Itsy Bitsy....
Punched out Tab from SU!
Eyelet from American Crafts....
Sentiment is from Fiskars Birthday Sentiment Collection Stamp Set.....
Ink used is a memento dew drop....
Small pink pearls were a RAK from B.....
Baker's Twine to complete the TAG!!! {Loved it way too much... Muah! Muah!}

aperttag


Join us at ICRC12 to be TAGGED!!!

That is it for now..... Will be back soon with few other pending projects.....

UNTIL NEXT, KEEP THE FAITH!!!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Simplyfood said...

wow looks super, visited craft international at NEC Birmingham yesterday and it was like a santa grotto for craft lovers.I thought of you.

Deepti Aggarwal said...

wow Just beautiful... love the colors...

Bronwyn Eastley said...

What a lovely selection of projects. Thanks for entering your cute tag in the JAI challenge this week.

Hussena said...

wow what an elegant card i love the background design and the tags so much...very nice idea too!!
thank you so much for your lovely comment at the jc challenge it meant a lot to me:)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey AshaLatha! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Alina said...

it's a very pretty card, Ash, thank you for joining us at Quixotic Paperie and good luck!
hugs, Alina

Merlyn said...

I like this card sooooooo much.. Pretty pink:)

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous, thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie Challenge. Kim

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails